Monday, February 15, 2021

Akaroa holiday - WALT: use descripted launage

 The sun was beaming on this hot sunny day. Seagulls were chirping high up in the air. Engine boats make the water splash while the wind is blowing. Having yummy ice cream every night. It smells. like stinky fish and bait. Yucky fish and chips seeing the glowing water. With sticky Sunscreen on my face. Going on the boat with fishing rods on the lake. Seeing dolphins and catching sharks, also seaweed. Making new friends at top ten and hearing kids laugh on the playground. Having fluffy sand stuck in my toes and hands. Having dinner at the wharf and going to an extreme amount of gift shops. Seeing delicious ice cream drip on the concrete. 

I was devastated that we had to leave Akaroa because I had so much fun there. But I was excited to go home because then I get to see my adorable little dog. When we got back to miserable, rainy Greymouth. I had to unpack my bag. I think that is the worst part about going on a holiday. After I finished unpacking my suitcase. I played with my incredible, amazing, wonderful dog. His name is Max. Max is probably the best dog in the whole universe. When we going to Akaroa, we stopped at Christchurch. I got a pink bunny handbag for 12 dollars with my own money at this shop in a mall. 



WALT: use described language

Miss Farr (my teacher) said that for the next two weeks we are going to try ad use described words in our writing. She said that we had to write about a place that we went to in the holidays. I went to Akaroa. Akaroa is just outside of Christchurch. I enjoyed writing about Akaroa because it was so much fun there. It made me happy because I was thinking of all the memories that we had there as a family. I think you should write a piece of writing one day that uses descriptive writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.