Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Addition and subtraction problems



WALT: use mental strategies to solve addition and subtraction problems
Today I did this slide to help solve addition and subtraction problems. The thing I enjoyed the most in this activity was when I worked out the answers, I felt proud of myself. The thing that was most difficult for me was when some of the questions said how many of something is left, I didn't quite get it, but now I do. :)
Questions:
Do you have to be in lockdown where you live?
Do you enjoy being in lockdown?
Do you have to do online learning too?


3 comments:

  1. Great work Katelyn! I am glad you enjoyed this activity and felt proud of yourself for completing it. Sometimes the wording of questions can be a bit tricky and we have to think about what that would mean if we were doing the activity in real like. For example imagine you had 45 lollies and Jason took 27, how many would you have left? If you imagine this as you actually giving Jason the lollies and thinking about what you were still holding it may make more sense.
    Keep up the amazing work Katelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good work Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss Farr, Thanks for liking my post. Because you put an example I am gong to try and work it out. 5 - 7 = 2 20 - 40 = 20 2 + 20 = 22
    The answer is 22. Keep Safe

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.