Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Limerick - Duck


New Zealand is still in lockdown.

Kia Ora, Bonjour, Hello. How are you today? I hope you are all amazing.
Miss Farr (our teacher) has sent us a google drawing that has all the stuff that we have to do for this week. There are things that you can do if you have finished your work for that day. I made a limerick poem because that was one of the can-do activities. A limerick is a short poem and it is normally funny (it doesn`t have to be funny) with 5/five lines. The first, second and fifth lines all have to rhyme. The third and fourth lines have to rhyme with each other as well. I choose to do a poem about a duck. I don`t know where I got this idea from. I came up with the first line then I just kept on doing the other lines. We already learned how to write a limerick poem 1 or 2 years ago, I can`t really remember. It was really fun to do it again. I decided to make my own picture of a duck in a pond/lake. I got one of Max`s (my dog) toys and took a picture of it. I took the background of the picture off then I got a picture of a lake/pond and only took a little bit of that picture of the water. Then I put the two pictures together and made my own picture. I think you should try and make a limerick poem too.
Hope you enjoyed :)
By Katelyn



 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.