Monday, August 30, 2021

Paralympics - Lesson 1 - 1964 vs 2020

 

New Zealand is still in lockdown.

The New Zealand Paralympic team has made a slide for schools in New Zealand that kids can complete. They have sent our school this slide. It has 10 lessons about the Paralympics. This is the first lesson. We had to write down 5 things that we know about Japan. Then we had to watch these 3 videos. Video 1 Video 2 Video 3. We had to take notes to answer the then and now questions. I wrote these two activities on paper then put them on a google doc. I took a screenshot of it and put it on a google drawing. The next thing I had to do for this lesson was to create an infographic. I made a bar graph explaining how many people are in the Paralympics in the two different years, 1964 and 2020. The purple bar graph is the year 2020 Paralympics and the yellow bar graph is the 1964 Paralympics. 1964 Paralympics had 378 people competing and the 2020 Paralympics is 4,537. I wrote it on top of the bar so people would know too. I enjoyed this lesson because it was really fun to do everything in this lesson. This was difficult because I was going to make the bar graph on my Chromebook but I couldn't remember how. I emailed Miss Farr (our teacher) saying that I could not remember how to make it on my Chromebook. She said that I could do it on paper so that solved that problem.
I hope you enjoyed :)
By Katelyn

2 comments:

  1. Ka rawe Katelyn! Amazing work as always. I like how you explained the task and why we are learning about the paralymics. Have you watched any of the paralympics yet? I watched the wheel chair rugby the other day, I thought it was amazing but I was very worried that their fingers would get jammed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Farr,
    My family and I watch the rugby game with wheel chairs too. My Mum said that they're really amazing. I agreed. I kept on thinking that they were going to fall over all the time. Thanks for your lovely comment.
    From Katelyn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.