Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Paralympics - Lesson 2 - History of the Paralympics movement to Japan

 

New Zealand is still in Lockdown.

Kia Ora, Bonjour, Hello. How are you today? Hope you are all so amazing.
The New Zealand Paralympics team made this slide for schools around New Zealand for kids to complete. It has questions and articles and videos and lots of cool stuff. It teaches us about the Paralympics in different and fun ways. Yesterday I did the first lesson. Today I did the second lesson. This lesson is all about the history of the Paralympics and the movement to Japan. We had to think of three things that are different compared to the 1964 Tokyo Paralympics and the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics. Then we had to read this article. We had to find words that we didn't really understand and didn't know what it meant. We had to google it to find out. The words that I did not get were Impairment and Rehabilitation. It made a table that had a box for the word, a box for what I think it means and a box of what it actually means. After that, there were some questions to answer. I am not so sure that I think I got all the answers right but I tried. When all the questions were answered, we had to choose one from the bottom questions and explain why we choose to do disagree or agree. Then we had to make a paragraph on how the Paralympic Games were set up. I enjoyed this activity because I learnt a lot of interesting facts. This was difficult because it took a while and one of the activities was to have a class discussion. We are in level 4 at the moment so when it is level 2 then we can have class discussions again. 
I hope you enjoyed :)
By Katelyn

1 comment:

  1. HI Katelyn
    Wow I can just imagine that the technology from 1964 to the 2021 Paralympics would have allowed so many more competitors to compete and introduced different and new sports to have taken place. Great to see that you are learning new vocabulary too.
    Mrs Read

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.