Friday, September 24, 2021

Transformations

 



Kia Ora, Hello, Bonjour. How has your day been?
Miss Farr (our teacher) showed us this video and tasks to do bout this particular maths task. We are learning about transformations. A transformation is changing something into something else. The transformation part is rotation, reflection and translation. We had to make a slide for these three transformations. We had to find three logos of a company or something else that has a logo. We had to explain the logos about what they are and how it relates to rotation, reflection and translation. After we did that, we had to make a logo for ourselves and the class. I made it on this drawing app on my Chromebook then took a screenshot and now posting it on my blog. The logo that represents me is 5 unicorn horns. And the one that represents Whenua (our class) is a mountain and a river across it. I choose to do that because Whenua in Māori means land. The picture that represents me is rotation because they are all the same. The one that represents Whenua is a mirror image, the green part (mountain) is the same from top to bottom and the river is the same if you flip it so standing up. I enjoyed this activity because it was fun to make my own logos. This was difficult because it was hard to find logos that have either rotation, reflection and Translation.
Hope you enjoyed :)
By Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.